Warning: opendir(../docs/assets/mp3/elementary/20): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosnaweb23a/b2474/sl.genevala/public_html/d47band/docs/assets/php/elementary-songlist.php on line 4
Mr. Hulen, Director
- Students: Start your Practice Journal on the inside cover of your book. Aim for at least 100 minutes per week.
- All students are expected to bring instruments home to practice.
- Put your name on everything: Book, Stand, Name Tag on instrument case.
Listen to our Songs
Mark Your Calendars.
Check with your director, Mr. Hulen, for concert dates.
Check with your director, Mr. Hulen, for rehearsal times.
Check with your director, Mr. Hulen, for lesson times.
School communication shouldn’t be so hard.
- Sign up for email notifications by going to rmd.at/bandnorth on a desktop computer.
- Receive texts by texting the message @bandnorth to the number 81010 or (815) 676-0018.
- Setup Smartphone push notifications by going to rmd.at/bandnorth in your browser.
- Go to https://remind.com/join/bandnorth for preferences.
Tips on a good routine, good habits, etc.
- Use a music stand and sit in a chair that promotes good posture, poise, and playing position.
- Develop good habits. Kick the bad habits.
- Practicing two hours a week is excellent, but not all at once. Try 3-4 shorter sessions to promote better muscle memory.
- Use SmartMusic & Make Practicing Fun!
- Find a quiet place to practice and get away from TV, video games, phone, and other distractions.
- Ask for help.
- Brass players may not be able to practice for extended periods of time because of the physical demands of the embouchure.
- Follow a structured practice routine that includes warming up and building range.
- Be resourceful.
- Take the time to develop your instrumental technique and improve your overall musicianship.
Learn about intonation, pitch control, care & maintenance, etc.
Staff Paper, Keyboard Layout, Origins of Songs, Composers, Fingering Charts, etc.
Units of Study
Building skill. Developing technique.